Saturday, August 21, 2010

End of the MTC experience!

I am waking up at 4am on Monday morning [8/23/2010]. I have to be at the travel office with all of my stuff by 5am. Should be at the airport between 7 something and 8 something. Then I fly to Vegas.

This last week in the MTC has been interesting. I hosted again which was way fun. This week I got to host 2 missionaries. That was way good though, over 500 new missionaries came in. Also this week we've had a lot of leaving seminars like about health and safety and about language study. I feel like they waited to tell us a lot of stuff that actually matters until now so that we'll actually remember it.

I would just like to let everybody know that I personally started a revolution at the MTC. Apparently I have the ability to influence. When I arrived here I was literally the only elder with a bouncy ball, but now I can’t walk anywhere without seeing others with them. So, I have officially started my first fad. It feels way good to be honest. I feel like I have all of these other missionaries that look up to my bouncy ball skill...not really, but I think its really funny that it has caught on so crazy. there are so many more elders that want them super badly too. Funny.

I saw Nick Pettit last week I think with his wife (Rebecca?)! That was sweet. I was walking to gym and they pulled up right next to me at the stop light. Super funny. Then yesterday I saw Nicole and Erica who I knew from BYU on MTC campus because they work there sometimes. That was new too.

Oh, I taught a lesson in the TE yesterday that went probably the best ever for us. That was really sweet to feel, and my Spanish was much better. I could actually convey what I wanted to instead of just conveying what I could. Cartas con Kirk was another hit this week. Best part of my day, other than possibly gym. Oh I’ve started to pick up playing zapatos de cabellos (horse shoes) a couple days a week. What a great game. The times I play that are by far my most chill times in the CCM. I’m speaking Spanish more and I found out that I’m officially functionable. There is a scale of 2-7 (ya, no idea why that scale) of how good your language is and me and elder Bullock are 4s, which is good to know. I’ve just got to really, really push in the field to make it to 7 though...which is fully functional. Most missionaries cap out between 6 and 6.5. I need to make it past that. Especially with a vocabulary that allows me to show those I’m teaching how hard I’m working on their language. Hopefully it’s good. I think that’s about all. Love everybody always.

PS: You can still send dear elders if you want, just not for free, and they’ll take longer than to the MTC, but regular mail is good too.